Nov 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Charlie Brown


“Thanksgiving is more than eating, Chuck…we should just be thankful for being together.”
–Marcie




Nothing like a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving to put things in perspective and remind us to be thankful. My favorite holiday is upon us and I am grateful for so much. My cup runneth over with joy in the daily blessings of life......


Good morning God. 
When I think of Thanksgiving I think of you.  You are the creator of everything good and beautiful. You bring me joy unspeakable and blessings beyond anything I could think to ask for. Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for sending your son to die for my sins so that I could be forgiven and spend eternity with YOU. 

Thank you for my husband who loves you and serves you. Thank you for our children who know you and love you.  Thank you that you bless us indeed everyday. Thank you for giving us your word so we can understand the life you offer us.. freely and easily.
Thank you for being a patient, forgiving God, slow to anger.  Thank you for the fierce love you have for all of us, your children .... calling us to you, the creator and lover of our souls.

Thank you for the beauty of this world that sings your praise throughout the day and night. You created all things and watch over them. 
To us, you gave a soul. You tell us in your word that you have a plan for us, because you love us and you care about every detail of our life.
 You know the number of hairs on our head. You chose us to have a personal relationship with You. You give us a choice to love you and serve you. To have the best life... which comes through relationship with Jesus Christ, your son.

The blessings you give me everyday are beautiful, supernatural, amazing and beyond measure.
I am forever humbled by these things ..... as there is nothing in me to deserve the abundance of the love you have lavished on me.
You have blessed me with community.
You have blessed me with women who are strong, faithful and true to their calling. Thank you for placing them in my life. I pray you will use us to glorify you in everything we do.

You bring Joy, hope and purpose into my life, fresh each morning Lord. 
 Make me a sweet aroma to others and may they see Jesus in me.
May I always remember I have an audience of one...... you.
 Thank you for the joy of this amazing journey Lord.
Amen


"Linus van Pelt: In the year 1621, the Pilgrims held their first Thanksgiving feast. They invited the great Indian chief Massasoit, who brought ninety of his brave Indians and a great abundance of food. Governor William Bradford and Captain Miles Standish were honored guests. Elder William Brewster, who was a minister, said a prayer that went something like this: 'We thank God for our homes and our food and our safety in a new land. We thank God for the opportunity to create a new world for freedom and justice.
Peppermint Patty: Amen. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...