Jul 13, 2011

Increase My Territories... Every Twenty Four Hours


Most days I offer up a prayer to God to increase my territories. This is part of an Old Testament prayer, prayed by Jabez.
The words "increase my territories" are a request to give more. More opportunities to love Gods people,  offer hope, show compassion. Glorify my God... the reason I am here.

Every day is a reminder of the needs, pain, and anguish, of the people who brush by me. 
Most I miss. 
Then the ones, who's eyes connect with mine. Who speak words of pain..... the dad who is ailing, a difficult diagnosis. A daughter looking to comfort and support. 

Let my prayer be set forth as incense before You, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Psalm 141: 2

A sweet friend, young mom, struggling with a serious illness and yet finding hope through good medical care. The road has been long for her and when I hear her voice crack and the tears begin, I am moved..... to what? This time to prayer. It should always be this way.

A friend, struggling with family issues. The stresses that come with raising kids and keeping marriages strong.
Her pain is apparent and her tears are always waiting for an opportunity. She is strong, she knows truth. She is fighting the good fight and not giving up.
 I pray.

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. Philippians 4: 6

The child of God I met yesterday. What an incredible story of pain and satans attack. The level of brutality I cannot imagine and the struggle for self worth. I pray she is healed and will become a blessing to  many. 
I cry to God to show her the truth of Him.

The young man, who asks my husband and I for a ride home. He shares his pain of how hard high school is, the bullying, the lack of friends. Not sure how to get through it all. He knows he is in a safe place when he speaks to us.
We offer hope through words that we pray will help. 
My heart is shouting inside,"God, show us how to help this child of yours."
What I really want to do is lash out and fiercely attack any who are part of this. 
Injustice brings out a raw fierceness in me. I have never been a bystander when I see an attack. 

I pray, because nothing is as powerful as praying to the GOD of the universe. 
Nothing compares. How can you compare anything to Truth?
Truth trumps all... and Truth is waiting to hear from us. Pour out our pain, anguish and needs. He desires us to give it ALL to Him.

A twenty four hour period. I am amazed by what He shows me, the blessings that can come through prayer. We give a gift to the prayed for and we grow closer to The One who calls us to Him. Never will we see Him clearer than when we look into the eyes of His people and pray for them.

Evening and morning and at noon will I utter my complaint and moan and sigh, and He will hear my voice. Psalm 55: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...