Jul 22, 2011

Proverbs... For Life

 Proverbs .... A general truth. A piece of advice.

Gods word is His Advice to us . It is Full of Truth. There is only Truth in it. 


Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Knowledge is plentiful but wisdom is scarce. 
Do we recognize the difference between human knowledge and Godly wisdom? 
Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived, wrote this Proverb. He wrote it because God gave him a discerning heart and mind. 

Do we seek that same discernment from God? We may never be a Solomon, but God will bless us with discernment and wisdom... If we ask Him.

Discernment - the trait of judging wisely and objectively

Hebrews 5:14 recognizes discernment as the ability to recognize good from evil.
"But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."

If we seek discernment and receive His wisdom, we will see the veil that covers the eyes of the lost. 
We will see people with a renewed love and compassion. 
Our eyes will see truths that slipped by when we were seeking our own way, our own needs. 
We will say something, think something and recognize our sin. 

I know that this verse is were it starts for me. If I seek His wisdom and discernment, He will show me the error of my ways and give me a humbleness to change. I want my eyes to see His truths daily... no veils, only the Light of Him.
I want to know Him this way.....
I want solid food. I want the maturity,
to see Him clearly each day......


 Our journey with the King starts with a healthy fear of Who He Is...... Our Creator God.  He desires to show us Wisdom, Discernment, Mercy, Love, Grace...Himself. 
Invite Him in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...