Nov 26, 2012

Thankful For Isaiah...

  The Word reminds me.
Isaiah 30:15
"In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

We could all use a little rest right now...
 at our most favorite time of the year.
I can hear Andy Williams singing,
 "It's the most wonderful time of the year, with the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you, Be of good cheer."
We've been singing it since 1963...
We should have it figured out by now.
I sing that song in my head all the time... but it's not always in my heart.
Instead...
We mumble under our breath as we look ahead. 
 How will we accomplish the lists, the planning, the shopping?
The calendars that fill up, consuming our every thought and moment?
We are tired before this most wonderful season is even upon us.
Where do we find rest, quiet, confidence, strength, guidance?

Isaiah reminds me again.

Isaiah 58:11
"The Lord will guide you continually."

The question is, will I let Him?
Will you?
Let Him guide us, our choices, our decisions? Today, tomorrow, this month?

I pray rest, quiet, strength, confidence and guidance from above this month, as we celebrate this Holy Season.
The Baby, The Man, The Messiah.
Our Redeemer.

It can be the most wonderful time of the year, starting today.
 Enjoy your day and may you feel God's abundant presence in your life,
quieting your busy mind and heart.

Continually Thankful I am for God's Living Word in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...