Mar 18, 2013

The Knowledge Of The Holy...

A.W. Tozer wrote this book in 1961, the year I was born. 
He was concerned with the, "loss of majesty from the popular religious mind. The church has surrendered her once lofty concept of God and has substituted for it one so low, so ignoble, as to be utterly unworthy of thinking, worshiping men."

He went on to describe our loss of religious awe and recognition of the divine Presence.
"The words, "Be still and know that I am God," mean next to nothing to the self-confident, bustling worshiper."

 1961 was many years ago, before I would make my decision for Christ and the many ways I would disappoint and disrespect Him.

I am guilty of these things Tozer wrote of.
I am self-confident to a fault and bustling is what I do best.
Yet I claim this Psalm,
"Be still and know that I am God."


I'll be spending some time digging deep in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...