May 16, 2013

The Only Goal In Life...




 My devotions this week have hit home...

"Rise to the occasion - do what the trial demands of you. It does not matter how much it hurts as long as it gives God the opportunity to manifest the life of Jesus in your body." My Utmost For His Highest.

My trials and tribulations are small, though I tend to let them bubble up and over,  becoming mountains I cannot hope to see clear of, by the end of the day.
Then God drops some truth on me... many times in His provision and blessing.
I never stop being amazed by the goodness of God.

I continue to read...

"May God not find complaints in us anymore, but spiritual vitality - a readiness to face anything He brings our way. The only proper goal of life is that we manifest the Son of God; and when this occurs, all of our dictating of our demands to God disappears. Our Lord never dictated demands to His Father and neither are we to make demands on God." My Utmost


How many times do I make demands on God? Many times they are unspoken by human word, but don't doubt that they are well thought out and weary from travel in my mind. I am good at deception... especially to my Lord.
I tell Him I will gladly do something, and then I quickly set to work on how I will work this to my benefit.
Oh, the human mind is so suspect, and so gifted in this endeavor.

But then I read His truth and Paul reminds me of the goal.
Chapter two of Philipians shares the attitude of Christ...
plain and simple in front of my deceived face.

Verse 3, "Don't be selfish (ouch); don't try to impress others (ouch). Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others too.
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had...
vs 6-11 explain the attitude of Christ... HUMBLE

Go. Read. It...

You will be changed...

Christ was the humble servant...
and I am the weak, self obsessed, child of God...
recoginzing the need of a Savior ...
more and more each day.

May I seek His face today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...