Oct 5, 2013

Hopeful For Wisdom...



Today I am thankful for wisdom... 
not the human kind, the kind that trips us up, puffs us up, generally makes us fools.

"Jesus answered and said, 'I thank you, Father... that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes' " Matthew 11:25

Matthew reminds me I may always be a babe in the faith... but I can still have wisdom. God doesn't make us wait. When He is revealed to us, it's game on... we can have all we want of Him. 
No jumping through hoops, passing tests or joining particular denominations. He loves freely, gives freely.. to all who seek and ask.

Thomas Merton said, 
"We do not want to be beginners (at prayer) but let us be convinced that we will never be anything but beginners, all our life."
   But...
 we can still have wisdom.
 We may feel like beginners in our faith many days, but God sees us as His beloved children. 
His desire is for us to have all of Him we can handle, including wisdom.
  
The wisdom I desire... true wisdom.
It comes not through man, but God.
  Being open, yielded, pliable...
with an attitude of obedience to my creator,
then Godly wisdom will flow.

 I am thankful that a babe like me...
can have wisdom live inside... and from that there will, should, better be, an outflow of Christ's love.

Grateful, thankful heart have I .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...