Jul 1, 2014

The Desire Of My Soul...



  John Ortberg quotes Kent Dunnington in John's book, Soul Keeping.

"We are limited in every way but one: we have unlimited desire." 

"We always want more: more time, more wisdom, more beauty, more funny YouTube videos ~ this is the soul crying out.
We all commit idolatry everyday. 
It is the sin of the soul meeting its needs with anything that distances it from God."
J. Ortberg

I don't have to search deeply to find my unlimited desires.
Most of them circle around my comfort and pleasure.
My soul must crave my Maker... to be healthy and engaged.
Then He will give me the desires of my heart, because they will be pleasing to Him and good for me.

 "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed."
Psalm 20:4

"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...