Aug 22, 2010

morning thoughts

Many mornings I wake up with the prayer of Jabez on my lips. It is from 1 Chronicles 4:10 and goes like this, "Bless me indeed today Lord, increase my territories, and may your hand be upon me. Keep me from evil, that i may not cause pain."
A simple prayer by a man who was devoted to God and wanted to glorify God in every aspect of his life.
I have never been one to pray a memorized prayer so i am careful with this prayer. I usually pray it like this," Bless me indeed today Lord and may your face shine upon me and give me peace. Increase my territories and may your hand be upon me. Keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain."
It has become a time for me to reflect on who God is, his power and his ability to direct my life if i seek him every morning. An acknowledgment that he has plans for me, people he wants me to connect with and that he wants to bless me INDEED.

It is not a magical promise, but a recognition of who God can be in your life if you want to live the life that he has planned for us. It has helped open my eyes to opportunities because i am praying that he will increase my territories. I am asking him to give me more. More opportunities to share Jesus and be Jesus to those I meet.
It is also a reminder that our relationship with God is meant to be the most intimate relationship we ever experience. Have we experienced that relationship with the God who created us and knows everything about us including how many hairs we have on our head?

Proverbs 16:3 says, "Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established."  I love this verse and it is perfect for me.
 How many times do we commit our works or plans to God but they are just that, our plans. "Okay God, I am going over here. Come on, lets go."  It sounds ridiculous but isn't that what we do... daily? I do. This verse tells me that if I will commit my plans to him, then he will take over and he will fix my thoughts on what is correct, just, good and pleasing to him.
GOD will establish my thoughts. Hallelujah! Really, i mean that. I really want my thoughts to be established by God because his thoughts and plans are so much better for my life.
I will walk over the cliff every time if left on my own. I am so thankful that Jesus who lives in me is establishing and directing my days.
I only have to tap into him every day ........ or he will become silent. Prayer is my lifeline to my savior. So easy and yet so under used. Lets ask to be "blessed indeed" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...