Nov 1, 2010

This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Beginnings, endings and Do Overs.......

photo




I  begin a new year in two days.  It will be a new year of happy endings and last times.....
A last year to celebrate my 40's.
A last year to celebrate having a high school boy living under my roof calling me mom, madre, Dale...
A last year to have friends call me and ask what we are going to do for my birthday........ hmm, just want to see your face and laugh till I cry.
A last year being part of this indescribable church community where our kids have grown up and we have all found out what Jesus really looks like.
A last of too many things to mention because writing them down would be like scratching a blackboard, painful and make me want to cover my ears.

The truth is.......
It will be... A year that ends a story book chapter in my family's life.  The best of times...... A wonderful life..

I want to say, "thats all I got" end of story, done, tired, checking out..... but thats not really me.
I know the truth.
Truth is..... its gonna hurt.
There will be moments....

There will also be new opportunities, new joys and lots of surprises.
There are obvious blessings, like....
 a husband who is no longer triple platinum diamond ridiculous elite with the airlines since he will have ended his 600 mile commute each weekend.
Yes, he will be sad not to get that extra bag of salted cashews, the exit row, his own phone number and being called by name when said phone is answered.

I am hoping the fact that his wife living under the same roof, in same state with him can make up for those little joys.
 However, I am not sure how to provide those free flights to the BVI?
Perhaps spending more money with the appropriate credit card will help.  Anything to help dear :-)

So, this year I have a new opportunity.  I can consider a few "Do Overs."  What did i get wrong that I could make right?  Are there places I left a scar where I could have left a smile?
I pray God will show me.
Show me how to live well this year.  Live generously and with intention.
We will never be here again.

What a blessing to have this picture in front of me.  To live with such intention because you know you do not have another year to get it right.  Its a gift.
What will I do with it?  Will I accept it or give it back because the gift doesn't fit( my plan) or isn't my first choice?  If the gift is truly from God....... it must be the perfect fit for me, right?




Isaiah 35:10 " And the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away."

Isaiah 55:12 "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and the trees of the field will clap their hands."

1 comment:

  1. dale, i so admire your outlook on life. it's going to be an incredible year! much love to you on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...