Jun 22, 2011

No Worries


I once sailed on a catamaran for 10 days. It was called No Worries. 
It's tough to have worries when you are sailing the blue seas of the Caribbean. 
You might worry if the local dining spot will have enough fresh catch of the day for you, or if your towel will be dry after the next swim. 
Maybe you could worry about sharks or pirates. That's not something that would cross my radar, but I do have a friend who said she would never go sailing because she read a book (fiction) where there were pirates and sharks and most of the people died.  She made me read it. It was poorly written and I laughed in the face of it... as I hungrily read each word.

There are statistics that tell us we should worry if we have experienced major upheavals and traumas in our lives, over a year long period. 
These experiences can cause major stress which can lead to serious health problems. 
Some of these include
marriage
divorce
job change
move to new community
birth of a child
Serious health issues among immediate family
death of a spouse
change in financial picture
move to different home
retirement
child leaving home

The list goes on......

The first time I saw this list was  21 years ago and I realized that I should be very, very sick.
I had checked off 6 major changes in that year.
I did not feel worried.
I wasn't exactly Singing in The Rain or shouting No Worries
but
I was putting my trust and hope in someone wiser than me and I would not be a statistic.
The truth was( and is)..... I am child of The King.

"Live for today but hold your hands open for tomorrow. Anticipate the future and its changes with joy. There is a seed of God's love in every event, every circumstance, every unpleasant situation in which you may find yourself."  Barbara Johnson

Philipians 4: 6-7 lived on my refrigerator door in that most difficult year of my life. I read it over and over. A constant reminder of Gods truth for my life.
It says,
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of Gods wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
The Message


Are you worrying today? Give God a shout out and tell Him, No Worries! 
Tell Him what you are struggling with and give it to Him. He is waiting to take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...