Feb 2, 2012

Crawling And Walking These 22 Years....



It will be 22 years tomorrow since I lost a great love... a day that changed life forever.
It was a milestone of my spiritual being, a day I had to choose what I would believe, who I would follow.....

Since then I have learned some things....
Most I am still struggling with ... just to keep this honest...

I have learned that somedays I am still trying to walk........

I have learned that life is more fragile than I thought. Like glass shattered on hard surface, life can change. Life can become undone......

I have learned thankfulness....... for each new morning and the gifts that come. Hundreds of blessings each day, if I were to count. The blessings of body, relationships, sound soul and mind.......

I have learned that ignoring prayer in my daily life will cease communion with God....
He can't listen if I am not talking and I cannot hear if I don't call......

I have learned that relationships are the cats pajamas......
We are created for relationship and that's about it. You can't top that with any job, amount of money, grand home or fancy fill in the blank.

I have learned that I do not have all the answers...
I cannot convince someone to believe as I do....
I can love them and introduce them to my Jesus.....
I have learned that the evil one will use his limited power to divide us on issues....
I will point to God, through prayer and scripture to find truth, instead of truths we can each create to feel peace, though faulty because of human thinking.

I have learned that it is joy to be generous. I try to hold lightly to anything I believe is mine. None of it is mine, it is all from above and He is watching to see how I will handle these gifts....
Will I hold with clenched jaw and tight fists, or will I give as He desires..... till I feel it, till I recognize the choice is one of the biggest blessings a Christ follower could experience.

I have learned to let go of anger and frustrations towards others....
I am called to live out Christ...

I have learned that worry is the tool of the devil. If he can keep me worried he wins...
I cannot commune with God and follow the devils curse of worry.....

I have learned to slow down......
Hurry is not a gift of the spirit. It is a tool of the evil one....
It will keep me from the relationship God desires to have with me.....

I have learned that life will be very different than I expected...
It will be a journey that will have ruts and bumps but also beautiful views of things I never dreamed of......

I have learned that this life I call my own, is anything but mine.....
It is an opportunity to join God, the Creator of the universe... in His work.
It is the most amazing opportunity anyone could ever desire....
To work with God....... bigger than the CEO of any company...
He is the CEO of the world........
He calls me each morning and asks if I have plans for the day...
He invites me to breakfast....
He tells me He has wonderful plans for the day and He would like me to join Him.....

He tells me that we can work together every day.....
for the rest of my life.....
It doesn't matter where I grew up, what country I am from, where I went to school......
I only need arms wide open and a willingness to be used.......

I have learned that many will not see life as I do.....
Eyes will be veiled and hearts hard......
The things of life weighing them down, keeping them from the glorious view of their Maker....
I have learned to invest in relationship when God leads....
Other times walking away, finding an empty soul, not wanting to be filled......

I have learned that I will continue to make mistakes, hurt others and say stupid things....
I have learned that grace will always be enough.....

I have learned there is always more to learn, see and be amazed by... in this life of faith....











No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...