Mar 21, 2012

What Does Your Soapbox Say?


We all have one. 
We all get on it from time to time... sometimes spewing things that offend and hurt, all in the name of freedom to spew.
Whatever our reason,
political, abortion, homosexuality, parenting styles, chocolate or vanilla.... we take them to heart. 
We become passionate.
We miss the point.

In order to follow my thought process you must understand my soapbox.
Christ.
He is the soapbox, and He doesn't need me up there with Him.
If you do not buy into Christ this will be silly to you.
I understand and do not offend easily.
The cross is a stumbling block to many.
The Bible said it would be, a couple thousand years ago.
I'm okay with that.

The point....
If we say we are followers of Christ we will seek to please Him, not ourselves.
We will understand that this life isn't about us, it's about Him. 
We will not demand what we want, casting others aside.
We will recognize that Christ said this world is a vapor....
a very short time.
What are we to do with it?
The first commandment says -

He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

That seems like a full time job. Our heart, soul, strength and mind.......
What does this even mean? Can we wrap our brains around it? Have we ever tried to give 100% of our heart, soul, strength, and mind in devotion to God?
That IS what HE is asking.
No more.. and no less.
If we focused on pleasing Him, we would seek His will, not ours. 
We would not spend our days fighting over issues, because we would be seeking His face every day, seeking to please Him by following His word and not what the world says is good for us.

The evil one is crafty. Crafty enough to take our eyes off the truth of Christ and turn them on ourselves.
We live in an I, You, Me world...
 and I demand, darn it!

What issues might I take a stand on, which beliefs do I hold?
They are based on God's truths, not me or the world I live in....
but I will not get on my soapbox
because it separates us.
If you and I grow in relationship and you ask me my views I will share..
without apology...
but it will not change how I feel about you.
You and I are the same with different issues.
 I will love you and stand by you. 

Remember the crafty one.
He longs to divide.
Especially those of us who call ourselves believers.

Christ came to save us from ourselves. Do we realize we ALL need saving. 
We are lost and gone astray.
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. 
We have left God's paths to follow our own. 
Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all. 
Isaiah 53:6 - these words spoken to the Jews, showing them The Christ, The Messiah.

Focus on Him and you will see less of yourself and more of Him.

What makes you get on your soapbox?
How do you feel when you get off?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...