Apr 14, 2012

The Winds of Change and Finding Home.....


We survived our first Friday the 13th in the land of Oz, also known as Wichita. Where the spring winds blow, the rains promise to soak and Dorothy can be seen flying through the air. Well, not really, but the skies can be breathtakingly ominous, sirens screaming their concerns, hail falling at amazing speed, strength and size. It's raining cats and dogs, wait, no it's not. It's more like blueberries and cherries.

Truth... it never rained last night. It is being saved for today, when we want to plant our lovely shrubbery in the back yard. Today, the 14th promises to be a day of huge proportion, with endless possibilities for excitement. Oh My......

We however, need to plant, buy new tires, get the oil changed. Then when things promise to get really dark and creepy outside we will meet new friends and their children and share some fellowship over bread, wine and good food.
Sunday is a day we will visit a church we think we may call our own. The River.... I am looking forward to this.
Corporate fellowship, when authentic makes me giggle inside. It soothes my soul, tells me I am home. It reminds me what I am about and who's I am. God gave us church for a reason. He told us we are the church when we come together. We are to build one another up, share our lives, our gifts, our talents.
I look forward to finding this home again.

Do you have a church home? A place you find comfort and safety? It's out there, waiting for you.


Colossians 3:14-16
14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...