Apr 12, 2012

Young Woman..... Where Do You Find Your Identity?

Talking with a friend yesterday about her sweet girl, who in a wisp of time will be a teen. Mama wants her girl to see her value... in God. She knows the path ahead can be hard, filled with moments of fear and doubt. 
Who is this young girl, in Him? How does He see her? Where is her value? 
The world is throwing things at this young one.. her value in what she accomplishes, the trophies she and others can see, how she walks the balance beam, the clothes she wears, the friends she chooses... or choose her.
 Nothing new, same lies.... but still dangerous waters to wade... and inescapable.
Each young girl will walk this path, hopefully with a mama who cares to clothe her daughter in Truth and Light.

Still......
No one escapes. Not the brightest, talented, rich in the world or in faith. It is a time where all are tested. Some come out whole and solid, others are battered with hearts that never heal.
Oh, the deceiver is clever.. be sure of that.

Still......
We can share Truth. 
We own it and it is freedom.

Truth is..

I am accepted...
John 1:12 - I am God's child.
John 15:15 - I am Christ's friend.
Col. 2:10 - I am complete in Christ.

I am secure....
Romans 8:28 - I am assured that all things work together for good.
Rom. 8 35-39 - I cannot be separated from the love of God.
Phil. 1:6 - I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected.
2 Tim. 1:7 - I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind. (favorite)
Hebrews 4:16 - I can find grace and mercy in time of need.

I am significant....
John 15:16 - I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
1 Cor. 3:16 - I am God's temple.
Eph. 2:10 - I am God's workmanship ( masterpiece!)
Eph. 3:12 - I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Phil. 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

 And then there is The Proverbs 31 woman, so beautifully and respectfully appreciated. 
She is wise, talented, hard working and devoted to her Lord and family. 
God has given us that picture of how He sees us worthy, and to be loved and respected.

Young women, you are lovely and of great value ~ God created you for His purpose. Seek Him, not this world if you desire to find the best HE has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...