May 10, 2012

The Desert and Living Water


Do you ever feel like you need a new start.... most days... these days (for me).
Balance, motivation, focus, a plan... a goal.
Some days I feel like Gilligan without an Island, 
 a skipper or a boat.

I realized the other day that I am in a desert, similar to an Island. 
A place of solitude.

God does this from time to time and it's helpful to recognize it. 
If you recognize where you are, you can plan, search for an Oasis... maybe a camel, so you can get the heck out of Dodge or the Mojave.
If you don't search you might die of thirst.
He brings me here, to focus me, to grow me, to quiet me.
The quiet is hard sometimes.
Quiet can bring me to growth or wasted time. 
The decision is mine, every moment.
Some days are better than others...  and hopefully the Oasis will show up soon.

Oasis - A fertile spot in the desert, where water is found.
A pleasant, peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult or troubled situation.

Oasis
Where water is found... 
The Bible mentions water 772 times, from Genesis to Revelation.
Must be important.
From beginning to end, we need it literally and figuratively, in the God-man of Christ.

Jesus Is The Living Water......
 
Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." (NASB) John 4:13-14
 
Living Water ...
 If I want to find my oasis during this time in the desert, I had better seek Him. He is there and always waiting. It is me, who hides from Him, seeking worldly wisdom and foolishness.

Are you in the desert now? What do you do when God brings you there? Do you forget Him or cling to Him?
What's your plan, cause you gotta have a plan. We all end up in the desert from time to time.
It will renew us or we will die of thirst.
Are you thirsty? 
Get some Living Water today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...