Jun 7, 2012

Speak, Believe, Initiate

Great Writers Challenge


A two week challenge.

First job.
Tell someone you are a writer.
Traveling by car all day, hmm, let's see.
I looked in the mirror ( the one that flips down on the passenger side of the car ), smoothed my hair and said, "You are a writer. I mean, I am a writer."
My husband looked over and said. "Did you say something?"
"Nope"..... as I smiled a little.
Passed Day One. 
Phew....

Day Two
Still traveling.
Second job.
Believe in yourself.
Trust me, I believe a lot of things about myself. (never use the word things when writing.. it's a dumb word) Same for dumb.
 There may have been a mention of getting up two hours earlier and writing. 
Hmm....

Day Three
No longer traveling, but tired from traveling :(
Initiate.
Okay, I have a hard time spelling this word.
It's like Isaiah.
There's a reason my son is Dan, not Isaiah.
I can do three letters.
 Every time.

Turns out Initiate is important.
It's about choosing yourself.
Like being a kid begging, "pick me, pick me."
Look in the mirror and say, 'I choose you."

Three days down of this awesome 15 day challenge.
Seriously....
I am going to do this.
 Know why?
God desires me to speak for Him. No doubt there.
He also expects me to give Him my best.
 He brought this challenge to me during my time in the desert with Him.

Are you a writer at heart, in secret, in desire?
It's not too late. Check out Jeff Goins blog and dig in with me.
goinswriter.com
God believes in us already. Perhaps it's about time we believe.


Speak, Believe and Initiate. 







2 comments:

  1. I love what you've written on this challenge so far, and hope once you recover from travelling you'll be able to write daily. Time in the "dessert" with him? Sounds sweet to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agh,,,, yes the dessert, also known as the desert. Lol
    Thanks for the love . Are you also taking advantage of this challenge?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...