Aug 13, 2012

What's Blocking Your View?


 Anything blocking your view?
Maybe it's just me... but lately it feels there is a mountain following me, turning as I turn, casting a shadow... of doubt. Limiting my vision.
I may have invited this mountain to be my traveling partner. 
It feels safe. 
I can see only a short distance in front of me. Somehow, it makes me feel protected... but, from what?
I could climb to the top of the mountain and see clearly... but that might be scary.
My own little world, my own little view.
A valley seems a safe place, protected from the storms... perhaps.
It reminds me of Matthew West's song

My Own Little World

"In my own little world it hardly ever rains
I’ve never gone hungry or always felt safe
I got some money in my pocket
shoes on my feet
In my own little world
Population me"

But....

"What if there’s a bigger picture
what if I’m missing out
What if there’s a greater purpose
I could be living right now
outside my own little world
Wooh"

And what if it's not about me...

"Start breaking my heart for what breaks Yours
give me open hands and open doors
put Your light in my eyes and let me see
that my own little world is not about me
"

I do not belong in the valley. Valleys flood and you become trapped. Valleys have dense fog and limit your vision. 
The mountain top is where you can see... even when it hurts your eyes. Even when you cry from the pain and anguish you see. 
If we seek God's light in our eyes we will be equipped to move. To help. To share love.
I want to be safe, but safe in truth. Gods truth, not mine.
What's blocking your view today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...