Aug 14, 2012

I Am Only A Youth... Wisdom Knows No Age

 
Ah, the wisdom of J.R.R. Tolkien...

"I am not made for perilous quests, "cried Frodo. "I wish I had never seen the Ring! Why did it come to me? Why was I chosen?"
Such questions cannot be answered," said Gandalf. " You may be sure it was not for merit that others do not possess; not for power or wisdom, at any rate, But you have been chosen and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have."

The Wisdom Of Scripture...
The Lord speaks.

Jeremiah 1:6-8, 18
Then I said," Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth." But the Lord said to me, 
"Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,
and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
Be not afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord...
Behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, it's princes, it's priests and the people of the land." 

God gives us power and wisdom according to His timing, not ours.
Age is not of importance, though spiritual maturity is.
Do we act on it, or continually doubt ourselves?
He has entrusted us with His truths, His purposes and His desires.
If we seek Him, He will show us all things...

You have been chosen...
What will you do about it today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...