Sep 12, 2012

Planting Trees... Thoughts On Marriage.

 
 
In twenty years you can grow a tall tree. Build an empire. 
Make sweet memories.
 Raise a handsome son. 
Watch a lovely daughter. 
Find your joy, your passion... accomplish lofty goals. 
Twenty years will make you turn around and see if it has been good.
Was it worth the pain, the change, the challenges?
Are you different then when you stood under that Oak tree, chapel, temple and said, "I do"?

 Today my husband and I will plant 8 trees in our backyard. A nod to our 20th anniversary. A sign of commitment to each other, to our home. To leave our little piece of land better for the next family.

We celebrate each other everyday. I don't do big celebrations...at least not for me.  
Each day is a day to love. 
I have witnessed enough loss, to think you can save up happy days, for later.

 There is no later... only this moment.

I reminded my husband last night that I love him... more... now, than 20 years ago.... I tell him this often. I am surprised by this... and blessed that we share this thought.
It is not a given.
It is work.

He has grown into a solid man of integrity, deep faith and commitment to his family. 
We were selfish when we married...
now we are selfish for each other. 

Twenty years of marriage will make one bitter or better.
We have chosen better.
Our marriage is built on the solid rock of faith in Christ.
He is our compass, our desire, our goal.

Without Him... I do not know.
God, so faithful to the vows we shared, when we knew so little of one another... really.
He took us, molded us, into one.
He showed us how to love, honor, protect.

Today I celebrate life and all that is good about it.

When you love someone,
all your saved-up wishes start coming out.

- Elizabeth Bowen -


Enjoy some saved up wishes.... today is the day.
 Who will you share them with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...