Oct 26, 2012

Lifting My Hands In Praise... God Is Soveriegn

 I lift my hands in praise... even when I do not understand.
When my heart cries out...
"Why God, do you let these things happen!!"
I still know who You are.

 I am thankful that God knows the outcomes... when they don't make sense to me.
Some days... lets be real, most days life seems out of control, a disaster... heading for hell.

This week has felt like that...
My TV has been in the on position.
Maybe it's the elections. 
I switch from CNN, MSN to FOX.... trying to find truth somewhere.
What a foolish black screen. Surely, no good can come from you.

The week has been full of repeated political verbal assaults. I tune those out, yawn.
But... the child abductions, the murders of children, sometimes by other children.
I struggle.
 I don't understand this. 
I hurt for these children, parents of these children and parents of the children who caused these crimes. 
How? Why?
This week has brought news of two babies, not yet reaching their second birthdays who have stage four cancers. How? Why?
Sweet parents... I weep with you.

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to the broken hearted and saves the crushed in spirit."
  
I think of our own country that doesn't respect the unborn, the innocent.
The elderly, pushed aside... ignoring the wisdom that resides within. Forgetting the value they hold, the struggles they have lived. Their eyes and tongues unfold stories of worth. 
Why... do we not care? 
Words of politicians who speak foolishness regarding violence against women, then try and explain it... like forcing toothpaste back into the tube.
Words of political pundits who call people names that are hurtful, show ignorance and disregard for all life, even those born that are special. 
We could use more special in our world. 
Special is good, beautiful, pleasing, kind, compassionate.
How? Why... do people speak as if a fool?

Proverbs 10:14 "The wise lay up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool brings ruin near."

I don't know. I don't understand. I never will. 
If I understood it would mean I had become desensitized to a place where I could justify these things....

The thankfulness comes from recognizing God is in control. No, He did not cause these things to happen. He weeps with us in our sorrow. 
John 11:35 "Jesus wept."
Does this mean He is a powerless God? No...
A thousand times No.

He is sovereign.
The triune God, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is the eternal, just, loving, ultimate ruler of everything and the first cause of all good things.

Psalm 103: 15-19
 As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 16 When the wind has passed over it, it is no more; And its place acknowledges it no longer. 17 But the loving kindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children, 18 To those who keep His covenant, And who remember His precepts to do them. 19 The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; And His sovereignty rules over all.

I will raise my hands to Him. 
My God, my Deliverer, my Rock and my Fortress. He hides me in His mighty arms, loving me as His daughter.
My Redeemer lives... so that I may have life with Him, forever.

Where do you turn when you struggle to make sense of the sorrows in this world?




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...