Oct 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

  photo
"A Thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues." 
Marcus Tullius Cicero

and... yes, I believe this with ALL my heart.
 An attitude of gratitude is what I desire.
In all circumstances...

Sounds easy... 
that's where easy stops. At the sound... some days.

But...
Today, I am thankful for sound.
The Sound of Music...
No, not the musical with Julie, though she is lovely.
More like...
 Chris Tomlin, Colbie Caillet, Neon Trees, David Crowder, Jason Mraz, Mercy Me, Needtobreathe, Jon BonJovi and Frank
(who needs no last name)
I could list a hundred artists who make me sing... loud.
What a gift, to hear song.
I am amazed when I think of the gifts God has given to man in this form. 
Amazed.... really. 

He could have given us people in robes, singing deep, low with furrowed brow.
I love that... sometimes, but I need more.
Some who sing may not recognize where the gift comes from.. but I do.
 There is no denying the gifts from above.

Thank you God for not giving us manna everyday when it comes to sound, music and ears to hear.

I pray we, "make a joyful noise unto the Lord."
Psalm 98:4 

What makes your heart sing when it comes to music?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...