Oct 19, 2012

Fun Friday

Whew... where has the week gone. I was practicing being thankful and the week slipped by. It flew down the hall, around the corner and danced past me. I think I saw it dart down the sidewalk.
Time is racing...
 I was traveling... with Mr Fun. Yes, I have renamed my husband... at least for the moment. This guy knows fun and celebrates it most days.

 "It's fun to have fun. You just have to know how." Dr Seuss
Let someone other than I argue with Dr Seuss.
Today... thinking about thankfulness as I look out my window at a huge expanse of blue sky. A warm sun shining in my window on this fall day, I am thankful. 
Today...
I am thankful I live with a man who remembers fun. 
Not making fun of others, but having fun, wherever he is.
And yes, he is slightly obsessed with monkeys, gorillas, apes.... he says they are misunderstood and I should not worry about being attacked... if he were to come home with one as a pet.
If you were making a list of top 10 character traits important in a mate, I would tell you that fun should be in the top 5, somewhere after tall, dark and handsome. Kidding.... really!
Tall, dark and handsome
 should be numbers 8, 9 and 10, assuming you are going for the whole shebang.
Really.

Fun is important. It helps us through the days that may not feel like fun. 
Life is mostly about our attitude right? 
It's like that saying... Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% our attitude.

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

Sneak some fun in each day.
I believe God smiles at us when we trust Him enough to have fun... and laugh through our days.
Do you remember how to have fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...