Oct 22, 2012

Thankful For The Adventure Of Community...

I have enjoyed 2 major moves in my adult life.... so far.
Some of you have moved more times than you can or care to remember.
You are my heroes... part of me envies you while another part understands the pain that comes with these moves.
The excitement in the unknown has always drawn me in.
 The search for new adventure and surprise tugs at my heart. 
The journey is found in the road I have not yet traveled... the hidden places.
 I could sit with a map for hours and draw circles around places I would go... and stay awhile. My heart is a wanderer... and yet... it also needs more. 
Community...
It tugs along with adventure.
People and relationships fill me up.
Relationships recharge me.

I think of the ways God brings community to us.
 Many times, we are surprised by it. It may not look like we thought it would. 
He is gracious like that, giving us more than we asked or could have imagined.

Maybe part of the adventure, surprise and unknowns are in the community we will make... if we give them a chance. 
God in all His wisdom and grace, places us where we need to be and only He knows the timing.
Do we give Him that role, freely and openly, asking Him to lead? 
Do you struggle like me, butting in daily... trying to redirect Him?
Then I read something HE wrote and I am reminded that this is not my job.
My job is to enjoy the ride and look for the gifts.
Truly.

Psalm 32:8-10
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you."

Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.

Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him."


Today I am thankful for adventure, surprises, unknowns and most of all
Community.
We all need it... desperately. 
Do we seek it and recognize the gift that it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...