Nov 14, 2012

Trust ME I Got This... Or Trust me....

 Your choice. My choice. Each day.
 Trust ME..
 or trust me... meaning him... the father of lies
 Not God.
We have a guide, a cheat sheet, a memory full of His faithfulness.
Maybe your memory is short, because you have trouble trusting, or this faith thing is new to you.
It's okay, even wonderful, because God sees us the same, no matter how familiar we are with His name.
He is there for each of us, in the same exact power, mercy and love.
The question is...
 Do we call on Him... God when fear comes knocking?

"Commit your ways to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." 
 Psalm 37:5

God calls out to us, "Hey, I got this sister. Rest in Me. I will be your shelter."
I am paraphrasing of course, but God has whispered these words into my heart many days.
 He speaks our language and He knows our fears and concerns before we do.  
 He whispered to me as a child, 
"I will use you to tell others about Me."
He whispered to me in my stubbornness, afraid of speaking.
"Get ready, the time is coming."
He whispered to me
 when I was scared
of facing life alone,
losing my young husband.
He whispered to me when my plans were smashed on the jagged cliffs of life... and death.
"I got this sister."
He whispered to me
when I was a single mom of a baby girl.
"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10
He whispered to me
when change called,
to trust again.
To love again.
To move again.
To build family again,
community again.
And then again... 
To start over... His direction, His move.
He whispered,
"The time is now, be ready for all that I have for you."

"Behold, My hand is upon you to bless you and to accomplish all My good purpose. For this hour I have prepared your heart, and in My kindness I will not let you fail."
A Garden Of Fountains - Come Away My Beloved, by Frances Roberts

He whispers each morning... "Trust Me"
 Who will you trust today?
Pick ME, Yahweh, The Great I AM, The God of heaven and earth?

He's got this covered sister, I promise.

 "The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
Isaiah 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...