Feb 27, 2013

The Incompleteness Of Me...

 
The question is, what are you strong in?

When I was young my body was strong... it was my god.
I found my completeness in it.
In the gym, morning and evening.
I rode my bike. I ran. 
I still ride my bike.
  I do yoga, pilates...
My body is strong, though not as a twenty year old. 
 
I will care for this temple, respect it,
but not as a youth.

 With age, my mind has benefited, becoming
stronger than as a youth.
Over time I have filled it with truth, wisdom... and junk.
There will always be junk.
 I sort through it, tossing it off, away from me.

Proverbs 2:6 "For the Lord gives skillful and Godly wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding."

In the depth of my heart and soul, I seek truth. 
 When I reach the end of me, I reach wisdom.
When I am incomplete... I find my completeness.
In God, my strength.

Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I will be stronger than I think, because He lives in me.
I will recognize my incompleteness, my limits, my humanness,
  my sin. 
He will have His way in me.

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not; for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

 My body may despise me someday, leaving me weak, unable to do what I do today.
My mind, if stayed on Christ, will remain rooted in Truth. 
He will make me complete.

This is the completeness I desire.

What makes you complete today?
Is it your physical body, your outward beauty...
or your desire to find your worth in Him?
 


 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...