Jun 20, 2013

Above All Else... Seek Me, Even In Summer.


 Summer arrives tomorrow.
Offering free time for the young... 
while mamas ask,
how to stay in the Word when studies end?

How to keep quiet, holy moments, when the kids are home,
 and you are running in circles of summertime.

How to remain focused on the One?

We are circular in our questions, are we not?
Have we been repeating the same lines for years?
How many have quiet homes in the summer and still struggle to focus... on the One?

 Priorities.
Choices.
Being Intentional.
None of this easy, but did we expect it to be?

  Every where I look I see broken people... especially when I look in the mirror.
Everywhere I turn... I find scripture, words, truth... to set free.

  Above all else, seek Me.
"I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently, find Me."
Proverbs 8:17

 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."  
James 1:5

 Every day I meet people, in bondage, darkness, unable to find their way to light, freedom. Then I see the same when I gaze into a mirror.

"The Lord has been my defense, and my God the rock of my refuge."  
Psalm 94:22

Matthew 6:33
 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

His Word starts my day...
offering freedom from fear, bondage, doubt and worry. 
Replaced with, 
Peace.
Wisdom.
Love
Grace.
Joy.

 I consider what I am willing to fill my soul this summer.
My choices.

The Screwtape Letters
C. S. Lewis 
( I love this and The Great Divorce... I re-read them often)

The Ragamuffin Gospel
Brennan Manning
(Another re-read for me... hey, don't judge)

Killing Lincoln
O'Reilly
( Camelot and the Kennedys)

Toxic Charity
Robert D. Lupton
( doing missions right) 

Counterfeit Gods
Tim Keller

What You Might Not Know
(Living with stage 4 breast cancer)
 Jennifer Arnold Smith, author of Living Legendary.

The Poisonwood Bible
Barbara Kingsolver
 ( can you believe I have not read that?!)

And The Mountains Echoed
Khaled Hosseini


What's on your reading list this summer?
I hope it fills your soul.
Share... please.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...