Jul 28, 2014

Restless Gems... don't waste the minutes.


Restless...
Jennie Allen's book.
It makes me squirm, raise my hands, shout... "preach it sister"... a lot.

She quotes C. S. Lewis, "If I find myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
Hand raise.

I'm not that deep into the book yet... but it's already a go to, go back, read again, kind of book for me. 
Jennie is writing this book at the foot of the bed of a dear friend in ICU. 
A young mama, who may not survive... this life.

Jennie hollers to God and He reminds her He is there. 
She imagines Him saying, "I have forgotten nothing. And I am not passive about my approach to this problem. I deal. I deal with this sickness and pain and death. 
I do not forget. I bleed out for this.
 So as you walk past me on that cross, Jennie, into a room that feels out of control and full of suffering, don't see a weak, distant, forgetful God. 
You see a God who tells oceans where to stop and a God who tells evil where to stop. You see a God who bleeds out for those you hurt for.
You see a God who suffered first. 
I AM with you. 
And I have a plan here."

Jennie is reminded that God is real, in control, and loves us.
She is reminded of Truth.

She talks about how her life is as fragile as her suffering friend and that while here we get to dream, seeking the calling God has placed on each of us. 

Then she says, 
"As much as I want an umbrella drink by an ocean somewhere, I just as much want to never waste a minute."

Those simple words got me, pierced me in the heart.
I want that. I want to not waste a minute.... because minutes are all we have.

Lord, help me not waste the minutes of my life, because You are worthy of those minutes, those choices, this life you have given me. 

 I am restless... for Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...