Oct 13, 2010

Mission Impossible?

Those that do not know Christ are His mission and we who do know the truth are the method.
HE uses us as a method to lead others to Him.  Hmm, I bet HE really thought this through when He picked us.  Maybe I should too.
I'm doing a study called being a Romans 12 Christian.  Romans 12 is about our personal responsibility.   I have this responsibility if I have the light of Christ in me.  I did not find any loop holes for this when reading Romans 12. I looked.......

What I take from this passage is pretty heavy.  It includes sacrifice, humbleness, sober judgement, using the gifts God has given me..... no mention of some of us getting the short end of the stick here.
The big one is LOVE.  It has to be sincere( is there any other kind?)  It includes devotion, hating what is evil, serving, joy, honor, being patient, faithful.
Bless those.....who are mean?! Afraid so.  Its not very hard to bless the kind is it?
Do not be proud.
 Get along with people, no matter what. What? Really?  Even if they are wrong and I am right?  Even if they are left and I am right?  Even if they are nut buckets and I am not?  Even then........ :)
Do good.

Maybe we should be like Mike and Nike.... and just Do IT.

Mission Impossible?  No way.  Mission incredible?  Yes, what an opportunity to be who we are called to be, with a complete instruction manual and warranty that never expires when we have a malfunction!

Romans 12:3 " For by the grace given me I say to everyone of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...