Jul 30, 2011

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3 NIV
The other day I went to the grocery store and bought 6 containers of Orange Juice. I do this every other week.... the nino likes O.J.
I looked at the date and I realized that I would move to my new home before the juice expired. 
Reality snuck up on me... 

I have spent the last 16 months thinking about the day I will leave my community. 
Thinking of the emotional and physical process.
Thinking doesn't pack a house.
I will have help packing boxes and strong men will move pianos, king size beds, overstuffed chairs. They will groan lifting boxes with books that will be read again. Too many books? Not possible.

I will look at nana's peonies that I dug from her N.Y. garden 16 yrs ago and carefully planted in the fertile Illinois ground. I will dig them up minutes before we say goodbye, to be planted in the dry soil of Kansas. 
Will they survive?
Will I?

Will I like the new land? 
Will it like me?

Will my heart move along with the boxes?  
Will I recognize the opportunity to bloom?

Moving can be difficult. 
The truth is, we are all called to move. Some will be called to physically move, but we are all called to move in our faith, our walk, our conversations with people. 
Do we talk about things that matter.... or do we keep it safe?
Do we hesitate to move when called? Do we stay still when we could encourage with words of faithfulness and truth?

I am not fearful to move
I know whom I serve and I know He has a plan, just for me.

I will plant the peonies and encourage them to bloom where they are planted. They will need food, water and encouragement. I imagine I will need the same.

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you."-- Psalm 32:8 NLT

Let flowers bloomcopyright2006



1 comment:

Don't be shy...