Aug 30, 2011

Good God... Filler Up With Living Water

Many days when I text my kids the message transforms into words I had not planned. Having learned how embarrassing this can be, I usually check before hitting send.
Still, words morph into what they desire to be....


I texted my daughter about a website she wanted me to read. It didn't quite make it to website and she replied gunshot?? "No, no... w e b s i t e ", I pounded into the Iphone. Bugger, I can't make this stuff up.


I asked the son what he wanted me to bring him when we visit him at college this weekend. 
I asked what foods he would like me to bring.  It came out what god would he like me to bring. You mean I have a choice?
I corrected it or tried to. It came out good.... What good would you like me to bring?
Third time was a charm.... food. 


Good vs God
Have a good day comes out have a God day.  It's a good choice changes to, It's a God choice. Good things turn into God things. Have a good time becomes, have a God time.
This happens daily and I think it is more than a coincidence, because it reminds me one is much better than the other. 
I desire my kids to have God days, God choices, God things, and God times. 


 Though the words are interchangeable, a God day is so much better than a good day. Don't you think?

My question is,  are we filling our selves up with good or God?
It's a choice we make each day.


God is the best choice to fill us up. Let's fill ourselves with His word, His promises, His blessings.
When we fill ourselves with His Living Water, we will never be thirsty again.


Wishing you a God day, full of God's good things. 


John 4:14 says,
"but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...