Sep 6, 2011

I Better Not Pout

 
Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

I just returned from a long weekend with my son and daughter, both in college. It is a beautiful, seemingly never ending 12 hour drive. Sometimes it is a quick flight, but not this time.

We had a wonderful, exhausting weekend and returned home, to sort out laundry........ and feelings.
Those feelings that sneak into the crevices of my heart. The parts of me that are unsure, unsettled and quick to doubt. Doubt the choices, the decisions, where God has placed me. I doubt the providence of God. That is what I do in those moments.. what else can I call it?

I ask questions of God. I explain to Him why this doesn't make sense. Anyone can see that.
I rationalize and I self regard.
Silly girl..... 

Then I read His word and I am brought back to Truth, to the presence of the One who has created me, Who knows the number of hairs on my head, the tears I have cried and will cry in days to come. The One who reminds me of His love, through His people and His word.

Then my kids skype chat me when least expected and make me giggle. When I am having a hard time staying up with two conversations because they type way too fast and I send way too many smiley faces.

I understand how my parents feel when they tell me we live too far apart and sometimes it makes my mom sad. I get that, I understand. I know the feeling. I don't know how to fix it though. I have fought with God for many years to put me in places that I thought best. He has His Own plans for me.
If I am honest, I will tell you they have been splendid plans.


 I don't know the next plan, but I know I have a choice. 
Trust Him and join the adventure or pout about it. 
Those are the two choices right?


I love adventure so I will join Him. Somedays I will have to remind myself He has the plan and it doesn't always need my input. He will however, always need my obedience.


Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” (NIV)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...