Jan 13, 2013

Staying Faithful...

A Post from January 17, 2012

 

Be Faithful In the Little Things

Mother Theresa said, "We are not called to be successful, but to be faithful."

What would our lives look like if we were faithful in the little things? 
In Luke 16:10 Jesus says, 
"If you are faithful in little things you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities."
If we lived our lives believing this scripture, seeing every opportunity from God as an opportunity to be faithful.... Oh my, what would our lives look like?! 

We would be generous, compassionate, humble.  We would be grace.  Is that not a picture of Christ? Is that how we are called to live?
He made it clear and easy to see... if we look to Him in His word. He is not a mystery in that sense.
We are without excuse.
 Why do I not live like that?
Because...
I am selfish and care more about my desires and my needs than yours.
 Simple. 

David Platt say's, "The gospel demands a blank check"

What?
The gospel demands a blank check.
Blank... as in... you are MINE and I have a plan for you. 
Don't be consumed with this worlds stuff. It wont last. Follow me instead.
Jesus said, "Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men." 
Matthew 4:19

"Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moths and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal."
Matthew 6:19

How do we start giving God a blank check today? I suggest we start with the little things. Let us be faithful in what He has called us to do. What does the Bible tell you to do? "Feed MY sheep"
Jesus words.....

Look around you today and see where God is at work and then join Him. Be faithful in the small things of today and He will multiply your hands and the blessing. 
It is not our job to figure out the end product. It is our job to be faithful..... today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...