Jan 11, 2013

Word...

                                                               My word is Prayer.
The kind that is thoughtful, slow, quiet, waits, listens and expects to be changed.
Yes, the hard kind.
I know the gifts that come from prayer... but I am still a babe, on mothers milk when it comes to this. 
I falter at the least resistance, weak soul that I am.
But I will continue and remember that God loves our hearts to desire Him, seek after Him.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. - Philipians 4:6

That scripture has seen me through the most difficult days of my life. I wrote it and taped it to my refrigerator and read it throughout the days and nights, many times with my head pressed against it, tears running down my face.
Breath didn't come easy as my mind raced to make sense of the crumbling walls of my life.

Jesus showed us the importance of prayer, on many of the age old pages of the One we claim as our Redeemer.
 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. - Mark 1:35

 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.
Luke 5:16 

I hope you find a quiet place to spend time alone, with God.
He will meet you in prayer and change you.
The mystery of prayer, the majesty of Jesus and the beauty of God including us in this eternal moment, set apart for His children.

God you are Good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...