Jun 18, 2013

Sheep...


Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love me more than these?"
He said to Him,"Yes Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My Lambs."
John 21:15

Jesus went on to ask Peter this same question three times.
Peter answered three times.
Peter denied Christ three times...
after Christ was led away to His crucifixion...
but before the cock crowed three times.
Jesus told Peter he would do this.
Peter could not imagine he would deny his brother, his Savior, his God.
But he did.

Christ offered him redemption.
As He offers us, each morning.
A new day...
to offer it up...
to the One who knows our every need, before it makes sound on our tongue.

He asks us the same as He asked Peter?
Simple.
Clear.
Do you love Me?
Then feed My sheep.

Look for your sheep today.
Some are obvious. 
Needing a touch, a kind word, a help.
Some may be dressed in wolf's clothing.
Feed them anyway. 

As Oswald Chambers said, 
"I have never met a person I could despair of, or lose all hope for, after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God."

Do you love Him?
Feed His sheep.

Love God - Love People.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...