Oct 2, 2013

What Does God Think Of You?


Last night I had a 6:30 hair appointment. 
It was the same time as Pete Wilson's, Let Hope In live webcast and thanks to technology I could watch it right there... in the chair.

I forgot my ear buds so I turned the volume up and down depending on which John Mayer song was playing and the speed of the hair dryer closest to me.

It was worth the effort as there were deep truths shared, among the laughter and excitement for this event I have watched unfold.

Words were shared about God and what we do with Him... when we lose hope, forget hope, something happens... that hurts us deeply.

We change Him into a different God, 
a judging God, 
one who we have no history with. 
We forget what He has done for us in the past.

We create a God who doesn't care about us.
We do this a lot. 
More than we realize and it reminds me of how vulnerable I am and how much I need the Real God.
The One who cares about every detail of my life, who knows the number of hairs on my head.
I need this God today.
How about you?

Have you thought about what God thinks about you... instead of making up false narratives in your head? 

Truth...

I am a child of God.  John 1:12

I have been justified and redeemed.  Romans 3:24

I am a new creature in Christ.  2 Corinthians 5:17

I have been set free in Christ.  Galatians 5:1

I am God's workmanship, created to do good works.  Ephesians 2:10

The peace of God guards my heart and my mind. Philippians 4:7

God supplies all my needs.  Philippians 4:19

I have been chosen of God, and I am holy and beloved.  Colossians 3:12

There is more... lots more, but take some time and feed these truths into your soul.
Begin to see who God says you are.

If you have known God, and share a history.. reflect in that.
Remember times He has watched over you, protected, cared for and loved you big.
He is that same mighty God today and His desire is to be with you today...
through it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...