Nov 6, 2013

Happy Twenty Fourth Sunny ...


The first week of November is birthday week for my daughter and I. 
She will turn 24 on Friday. 
I turned a few years older this past Sunday. 
I celebrate this girl all year long but this week,
I celebrate being her mom.

My daughters arrival was cause for celebration, a burst of hope in a desperate situation... so many years ago.
She was joy to me and many others. A picture of beauty and perfection from her first breath.
This has not changed.

This is not because she is physically lovely, though she is.
This is because from her first breath she took my breath away,
 changed forever.
The first time they carried her down the hall to me, I recognized her cry...
I knew she was mine.
 My Sunny.

She is fiercely independent and yet tender.
She loves her family. 
She seeks after the things of God.
 She is quiet, yet always thinking, planning,
preparing.
She is funny, sarcastic and honest.
She is a friend, who will support you, share words to build you up, never tearing down.
She is genuine.
She trusts, so don't tell her lies.
She bruises... so be kind to her. 
 She is compassionate.
She is a gem...
more precious than rubies.

"She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed."
 Proverbs 3:15-18
This year, this week... I celebrate this girl, this woman.
I pray she trust God for the details of her life, and I thank Him for the blessing she is.

Sunny...
"Sunny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
Sunny, thank you for the love you’ve brought my way.
Sunny, one so true, I love you"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...